IBM PureSystems™ have three truly unique attributes:
- Integration by Design: Deeply integrating and tuning hardware and software in a single, ready-to-go system with built in security and reliability designed for multiple architectures. The systems are modular and based on open standards.
- Built-in Expertise: Providing flexibility, choice, simplicity, and agility to drive business velocity. PureSystems capture and automate what the experts have typically done from infrastructure to application.
- Simplified Experience: From setting up the system, to operating, maintaining, and upgrading over time, PureSystems simplify every part of the IT lifecycle.
The introduction of our first two PureSystems family offerings is just the beginning:
- IBM PureFlex™ System is an infrastructure system with expertise for sensing and anticipating resource needs to optimize the infrastructure. It integrates service, storage, networking, virtualization, management and the expertise to manage those resources while also allowing clients to deploy tens of thousands x86 and UNIX applications into the environment.
- IBM PureApplication™ System is a platform system, leveraging much of the PureFlex System’s infrastructure system foundation, on which it builds a software stack for web, database, and JavaTM applications. It is built for cloud, offering simplicity, efficiency, and control - serving as a virtualized application platform that optimizes application workloads and accelerates time to value.
IBM is also introducing the IBM Flex System which provides computer, storage and networking resources in one environment that is both efficient and easy to manage. IBM Flex System components provide an open ecosystem of advanced networking, storage, and virtualization technologies with flexibility for a variety of workloads. IBM Flex System™ Manager is designed to optimize the physical and virtual resources of your IBM Flex System while simplifying and automating repetitive tasks. From easy system set-up procedures with wizards and built-in expertise, to consolidated monitoring for all of your resources—compute, storage, networking, virtualization and energy—Flex System Manager provides core management functionality along with automation. It’s an ideal solution that allows you to reduce administrative expense and focus your efforts on business innovation.