- Company History
Avnet Technology Solutions EMEA Company History
Driven by the globalization of our customers and suppliers and our chosen role as industry consolidator, Avnet's strategic acquisitions continue to ensure that Avnet will not only survive, it will thrive as an industry leader in the 21st century. Ten years and almost 40 acquisitions after our industry consolidation role began, Avnet now serves more than 100,000 customers around the world. Since Roy Vallee assumed the CEO post in 1998, the company has made 25 acquisitions.
- Acquisition of Magirus group
- Acquisition of Amosdec SAS
- June 10, Acquisition of Bell Microproducts Inc.
- April 10, Acquisition of Servodata’s HP Division
- Avnet Completes Joint Venture in Turkey with Sanko Holding Group.
- Avnet Technology Solutions acquires Horizon Technology Group Plc in the UK and Ireland. In addition to extending Avnet's breadth in the areas of servers, storage, networking and software, the acquisition extends Avnet's capability into newer technology areas such as unified communications.
- Acquisition of the European IT Solutions division of Acal PLC completes. The solutions business of Acal IT Solutions in the UK, France, Sweden, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands is integrated into Avnet Technology Solutions.
- Avnet Technology Solutions signs an agreement to acquire the IT Solutions division of the pan European value added distributor Acal PLC. The solutions business comprises firstly of Acal Storage Networking Solutions, secondly Electronic Document Management (EDM) under the Headway brand and thirdly Acal Value Added Services - from network planning and implementation to training and technical support.
- Avnet enters into a definitive agreement to acquire the Enterprise Infrastructure Division of Magirus in July 2007. The acquisition of Magirus' EID increases Avnet's presence in two of the largest European IT markets. The acquisition completes in October 2007.
- Avnet's Technology Solutions expands its portfolio to include the full line of products from Sun Microsystems and complementary suppliers following the acquisition of Access Distribution.
- Zeta Computer, Germany
- Printex Europe Belgium, France, Italy
- DNS Slovakia, Slovakia
- PCD Italia S.r.l. and Matica S.p.A., Milan, Italy
- Bytech Systems Ltd., UK
- Setron Schiffer-Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- BFI-IBEXSA International, Inc., Pan-Europe
- CK Electronics, France
- Lyco Limited, Ireland
- DeMico, Italy
- Adelsey, Italy
- E2000, Germany
- Adelsey, Italy
- Nortec, Scandinavia
- FH Tec Components, France
- Access, United Kingdom