- Key ROI
Key ROI: Moving from racks to blades
What can you do with blades that you can't with racks?
- Deploy new servers and storage in minutes, not days or weeks
- Wire an infrastructure once and change on the fly
- Cut time needed for common maintenance tasks by 90%1
- Reduce power consumption up to 30%2 without sacrificing application performance
- Add shared storage and data protection solutions inside without adding cables
- Cut the number of cables by 94%3
- Provide high availability for every application at a negligible cost
Top 4 reasons to buy blades instead of racks
1. COST: BladeSystem is up to 42% less expensive to buy than standard infrastructures.4
BladeSystem is consolidated by design and multiple server and storage blades can share or reduce resources – such as fans, cables, network switches and power supplies.
2. TIME: BladeSystem increases administrator productivity up to tenfold for many common IT tasks – such as deployment, patching and recovery.
A simple, modular design and useful features help save administrators' time, speed deployment and simplify maintenance tasks.
3. CHANGE: BladeSystem lets you add, replace, move or recover blades and virtual servers in minutes instead of days or weeks, meaning IT resource can focus on strategic tasks.
The all-in-one design speeds solution integration, growth and recovery time. Useful features like hot plug devices, Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect make staff more responsive to both unexpected and planned changes.
4. ENERGY: BladeSystem uses 30%less power per server than Dell 1U servers5 and pushes 47% less air for the HVAC system to cool6.
Thermal Logic technologies efficiently allocate power and cooling and provide consistent availability of all systems inside the enclosure. Intelligent monitoring and hundreds of internal sensors help regulate power usage and the thermal impact on your larger environment.
1-IDC, 'Forecasting Total Cost of Ownership for Initial Deployment of Server Blades'
2-Sine Nomine Associates, 'A Comparison of HP BladeSystem with Thermal Logic Technologies to Competitive Systems'
3-Comparing all cable requirements of 16 c-Class server blades versus 16 standard 1U servers.
4 -Based on HP comparison Internet list price of 320 ProLiant BL460c blades versus 320 ProLiant BL360 servers with identical configurations and Ethernet and Fibre Channel network infrastructure.
5-Sine Nomine Associates, 'A Comparison of HP BladeSystem with ThermalLogic Technologies to Competitive Systems'
6-HP BladeSystem TCO tool calculation with 64 BL460c versus 64 ProLiant DL360.
For More Information: