- Application Specific Licensing (ASL)
What is Application Specific Licensing?
The IBM ASL agreement is designed for Independent Software Vendors and Solution Providers who develop and sell business solutions that contain IBM middleware software.
IBM recognises that companies rely on ISVs to deliver a total solution to help them thrive and gain a competitive advantage. By bundling or embedding IBM software into your solution, you provide your customers will all the software necessary to deploy, run and manage your application.
Example solutions include:
- Software Applications: ERP, CRM, e-commerce, HR & payroll, retail, financials, call centre management.
- Turnkey Solutions: Insurance, accounting, logistics & distribution.
- Intelligent Devices: In-car, hand-held, smart-phones, kiosks.
- Services Offerings: Managed client, manage server and managed services, SaaS.
As a solution provider, IBM ASL provides you with the vehicle to include IBM middleware when you deliver your solution, under your unique brand name and identity via a single contract, to anywhere in the world at a fixed price and supported end-to-end by your organisation.