What are the benefits of ASL?
By using ASL, business partners are recognised in contractual and commercial terms by IBM for the value-add that their solutions wrap around IBM software brands. These benefits include:
- Increases profit potential by including IBM middleware elements in the solution sale
- The licensing is restricted to your solution which ties the IBM middleware to an ISVs solution, thereby protecting annuity revenues
- Eliminates the need for multiple contracts with IBM
- Allows the ISV to manage the entire client relationship including technical support
- IBM software is priced for the partner rather than the end user, which allows ISVs to take advantage of consistent middleware costs
- Clients can get up and running faster with a partner’s solution where the middleware is pre-integrated.
By using ASL, an ISV’s solution becomes a unique offering which effectively locks out competitors vying for IBM sales and support.
By providing a total solution, the ISV is transformed from just another supplier into a trusted advisor and solution provider. This position gives you stronger “ownership” of your customers.
With the ASL programme, there are no annual contract renewal or volume commitment levels. This makes enrolment obligation free and a one time requirement.
ASL can also be operated by a partner who already subscribes to the Passport Advantage method of IBM software acquisition as both programmes can be run simultaneously by a partner.