Oracle’s complete portfolio of mission-critical servers are engineered to deliver record-breaking performance, simplified management, and cost-saving efficiencies. Oracle systems are optimised to run Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, and other leading operating and virtualisation platforms with greater performance and efficiency.
Oracle’s industry-leading SPARC and x86-based systems are the ideal systems for Oracle and non-Oracle applications and solutions.
- #1 servers for UNIX
- #1 servers for Oracle Database
- World’s first general purpose 8-core processor
- 140+ world record benchmarks published to date on Sun x86 servers
- Over 70 world record benchmarks to date on Sun SPARC Enterprise servers.
Sun x86 Servers
Oracle is the only company that can offer tightly integrated x86 clustered systems from applications to disk. Oracle uses best-of-breed components to greatly simplify the deployment, management, and support of your IT infrastructure and to deliver unmatched performance and scalability.
- World-class performance and scalability
- Improved operational efficiency
- Ideal for virtualisation and consolidation
- Reduced management complexity with zero-management blade networking , in-silicon network virtualization and standard Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager
- Optimised to run Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Oracle VM. They are also certified to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise, Windows Server, and VMware.
Sun SPARC Enterprise Servers
Oracle Sun SPARC Enterprise servers are designed to meet the needs of complex, multi-tier applications and are available in two series: the Sun SPARC Enterprise T-Series with chip multithreading (CMT) technology for highly concurrent applications, and the Sun SPARC Enterprise M-Series for complex processing requiring mainframe-class capacity and availability. Both product families are designed for industry-leading, mission-critical performance.
- #1 Most Popular and Broadly Supported UNIX Server Platform: Over 10,000 solutions certified on Oracle Solaris
- Mission-Critical Security Only platform that includes on-chip encryption and the Oracle Solaris security framework
- World Record Benchmarks Achieved: Proven performance leadership running middleware, databases, and enterprise applications
- Guaranteed Investment Protection: Highly scalable, non-disruptive upgrade of CPUs and support of existing applications across generations of hardware and operating systems.
Oracle's Sun SPARC Enterprise servers running Oracle Solaris are ideal for mission-critical applications that require best-in-class availability, scalability, and manageability. The Sun SPARC Enterprise server family includes systems designed for optimal performance on all application tiers, from highly concurrent Web applications to complex enterprise applications and data warehouses.
Sun Fire Enterprise Servers with CoolThreads® Technology
- For Retail Banking and Insurance
- For Capital Markets and Corporate Banking
- For Broadband Service Providers
- Servers in Telecommunications.
Oracle's Sun SPARC Enterprise T-Series servers running Oracle Solaris provide the most scalable, secure, and highly integrated platform for the deployment of enterprise solutions.
- Sun SPARC Enterprise T-Series systems have set over 70 world record benchmarks including records for Java, Web, and enterprise applications
- SPARC T3, UltraSPARC T2, and UltraSPARC T2 Plus processors deliver unmatched multi-threaded performance, space, and energy efficiency
- Integrated on-chip cryptographic acceleration and 10 Gigabit Ethernet provides high-speed, secure computing
- The highest level of investment protection through guaranteed binary compatibility across models and upgrades, proven by hundreds of thousands of deployments over more than 20 years.
Only Oracle Offers Signifcant Benefits
|SPARC T3, UltraSPARC T2 and UltraSPARC T2 Plus processors||Up to 16 cores drive highly scalable systems supporting 512 threads per 5U system||Support growing user and applications demands|
|Highest computing density servers||Grow your computing capabilities within your existing physical footprint||Avoid expensive datacenter facility upgrades|
|Highly efficient power usage||Up to 75% lower energy consumption per concurrent thread||Cut power and cooling expenses|
|Zero cycle thread switching||More efficient processing of multithreaded applications||Deploy high volume, high concurrency applications|
|Integrated on-chip, wire speed cryptography||Faster processing of secure data||Better response times and data protection|
|Integrated on-chip 10 Gigabit Ethernet||Simpler product design, reduced downtime, and improved network performance||Improved service levels|
Oracle's Sun SPARC Enterprise M-Series servers running Oracle Solaris deliver the highest levels of performance, scalability, and availability for mission-critical applications. They provide an ideal platform for system consolidation and offer the highest level of investment protection.
Only Sun SPARC Enterprise M-Series Servers Offer These Datacenter Benefits
|SPARC64 VII quad-core processors||Scale from 1 to 64 processors, up to 256 cores, and up 4TB of RAM||Tackle the most demanding compute requirements|
|Mix different processor speeds and generations||Add the latest processors to existing systems. All processors run at rated speeds||Get the benefit of the fastest processors for older systems. Protect existing hardware investments|
|Mainframe-class reliability, availability, and serviceability||Highly reliable systems that recover from most errors. No downtime for service, reconfiguration, and upgrades||Reduce planned and unplanned downtime|
|Dynamic domains and Solaris Containers||No-cost virtualisation||Improve system utilisation through consolidation|
|Up to 288 I/O slots||Virtually no limits on I/O connectivity||Get enough I/O connectivity for any mission-critical deployment|
|Scales from Sun SPARC Enterprise M3000 with 1 processor to Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 server with 64 processors||Supports both scale-up and scale-out architectures||Deploy the best server architecture for a given workload|